Monday, August 4, 2014

Ishpeming Rock Show and More

On Friday after I closed the museum I jumped in the car and drove straight to Ishpeming, MI.  Since the rock show started early Saturday morning and because the weather was good -- I set up most of my booth Friday night.  The weather on Saturday was perfect, which is not usually the case.  Many years in the past we have had thunderstorms.

Here are some photos of my booth.  I had some of my usual mineral art, polychrome, labadorite, and other rocks -- but I also had a rock collection that I recently purchased for sale.



Of course, I had lots of Lake Superior agates for sale, too.






The view from my seat.



After packing up the booth, I went out to dinner with friends, Gerald and Jill.  Then we visited for a while with my friend, Jim (his wife, Helen, was out of town), before we went out to see a movie.  Thanks, Jimmy, for letting us stay at your Trowbridge property and for feeding us breakfast the next morning!  Here are some pictures I took of their property.  Shown below is the vegetable garden, greenhouse, and potting shed.


Flowers and garden ornaments....






The photo below shows the view from the back of the yard.  You can see part of the Fifth wheel in the center of the photo.  It was a pleasure to stay in their, as compared to my very full car.  Thanks again, Jimmy!






No comments:

Post a Comment