Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dangerous Mackinac Bridge Crossing and More

Late last week I followed Jamey and Lois Fite down state to attend the funeral for Jamey's father, who passed away.  My thoughts go out to the whole family.  We checked the weather before leaving Grand Marais and the forecast did not prepare us at all.  I must admit it is one of the scariest drives and bridge crossing that I've ever had.  The picture below I took when I was in line for the toll booth.  After the toll booth the white out was worse.  I could not tell where the bridge was for a few hundred yards.  Plus the 50 or 60 mph winds were ferocious.  The picture does not do the treacherous conditions justice.


I stayed with one of Jamey's friends who has chickens.  I had to take a couple of photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment