Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Deep Snow

Those of you who have been following the blog know that during the winter I occasionally post pictures of the snow build up on the south side of my house.  I live around a mile and a half south of Lake Superior on top of a glacial kame terrace.  The wind blows the snow up my 500 foot driveway and up, over, and around my house.  Thus, it piles up on the south side of the house.  The blizzard that lasted for more than a week definitely piled up the snow.

Between the deep snow and the cantilevered snow off my roof, I could barely see out my windows on the south side of my house.  The base of the windows are around seven feet off the ground, so the pile is around ten feet tall.


The view from my sun porch.


My out building is around 15 feet tall.  The snow banks from plowing are around 10 feet tall.






No comments:

Post a Comment