Sunday, January 11, 2015

Snowshoe in a Fantasy Land -- Post 1

After more than a week of blizzard conditions during which we received at least 30 inches of snow that drifted like crazy, my friends, Lois and Jamey Fite, and I decided to celebrate with a snowshoe picnic.  We headed east of Grand Marais and ventured into the Burt Township School Forest. 



The woods were absolutely beautiful.  I tried my best to capture the stunning aftermath from a week long blizzard, but the pictures do not really do it justice.

 

Grand Marais chamber members are finally starting to groom the cross country ski trails.  So far they just packed the deep snow.  I must admit that I was thankful.  It is difficult to snowshoe in the deep dense snow.


My friend's dog, Bear, always leads the way.






It was terrific to see the sun.  This time of year with the lake effect machine it is a rare site.




More photos tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment