Friday, June 26, 2015

Beach, Flowers, and More

This has been a busy week.  Since it is the last week before I start the summer hours at the museum, I have spent all of my time making mineral art.  Plus I was asked to write an article about agates for the Historical Society of Michigan.  The rain and cold weather also did not help convince me to get out and get some photos.  But yesterday was nice and I decided to go do the steps at First Creek for exercise with friends, Jamey and Lois.  Since I have already taken many pictures at First Creek as of late, I have to get more creative.

The dogwood is all over the place at the top of the steps...


Another new bloom....


The three vessels traveled by Grand Marais, moving from east to west.  There was a tug pulling the next two vessels.  It looks like the kind of crew that worked on the Grand Marais breakwall over the last couple of years.



The sentry trees above First Creek....


Driftwood on the beach west of town...


Grand Sable Dunes...


Looking east.....

There are lots of new maple trees at the bottom of the steps.


Heading back up the steps....


No comments:

Post a Comment